RE Casper -- Photographer | Designer | Podcaster
Born in southern Illinois, Casper left the rural river-lands of the Midwest to work in a multitude of artistic industries throughout Chicago and the Bay Area. With a background in graphic design, illustration, journalism, photography, cartography, and podcasting, his journey focuses on the pursuit of learning new methods of expression.
Currently focused on documentary and street photography, Casper captures the candid reality of humanity in an effort to shine a light on the forgotten challenges of American industry. His work has been featured in numerous publications including Chicago Theater Beat, San Francisco Magazine, WeStreet, PlusOne, Boonville Daily News, Berkeleyside and more.
Beyond creation, Casper works to share artistic knowledge by hosting numerous photowalks and workshops in San Francisco and produces the photography podcast, StreetPX, a conversational show, centered on the personal stories of street photographers, documentary photographers, and photojournalists from around the world.
Check out the show on StreetPX, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your favorite pod-catcher of choice.
Press and Accomplishments
- Exhibit and Lecture on Brown Water Project: Peak Design Flagship Store SF
- Lucid Collective Exhibit: Glass Key Photo
- Best Photo Exhibit: Harvey Milk Photo Center 2018 Year of the Dog
- "Surrounded by Reality" SFSP Exhibit at the McLaren Lodge: Harvey Milk Photo Center
- Feature Interview on Gate 7 podcast
- Berkeleyside: Imagery from Berkeley Protest against Milo Y.
- StreetPX: Live Audience Recording and iN-PUBLiC Panel Co-Host
- Streetfoto International Street Photography Festival: Finalist: Mobile Category
- Lecture: Street Photography in Urban Studies (University of San Francisco)
- Mill Valley Art Exhibit: “Reverence” (Mill Valley, CA)
- Featured Photographer: Harvey Milk Photo Center (San Francisco, CA)
- StreetPX: Twenty-Two (22) Total Episodes Published
- We Street 2016: International Street Photography Book
- San Francisco Magazine “The Unsilent Majority” (Dec Issue)
- eXposure: San Francisco Street Photography – Juried Exhibit (San Francisco, CA)
- Lecture – Harvey Milk Photo Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Streetfoto SF International Street Photography Festival: Photowalk Organizer & Host
- Through the Lens Exhibit III (Oakland, CA)
- Featured on Episode 8 of “Hit the Streets with Valerie Jardin”
- Street Sheet 2016: From Indonesia to California (San Francisco, CA)
- Through the Lens Exhibit IV (Oakland, CA)
- Bar Basic Exhibit (San Francisco, CA)
- Foundation of the StreetPX Photography Podcast (San Francisco, CA – October 2015)
- Through the Lens Exhibit I (Oakland, CA)
- Plus One Collection III : Photo Book & eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- Plus One Collection II: Photo Book & eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- 2000 Miles in a Vandura: Self Published Photo Book
- Boonville Daily News: Front Page Feature on “2000 Miles in a Vandura” (Boonville, MO)
- RAWArtist (San Francisco, CA)
- Plus One Collection I: Photo eBook (Photographers for Good Foundation)
- Chicago Theater Beat: “Girl You Know It’s True” Review (Chicago, IL)
- Caribou Facilities Showcase (Chicago, IL)
Region: Alameda, California
Facebook: RE Casper Studio